- (X,Y) 150mm x 150mm CNC measuring stage
Uncertainty formula U952D = 4+(5.5L/1000)µm, where L = length in mm, using controlled conditions
Z-axis accuracy 10µm, using highest available magnification under controlled conditions
- Z-axis accuracy 3µm, using touch probe
- 1.3MP colour CMOS camera with 5-position indexed zoom (5:1 ratio) and iris aperture control.
- Camera Iris-5-position indexed camera iris allowing increased Z-axis accuracy and enhanced component edge definition.
- Zoom Indexing- Repeatable 5-position indexed zoom.
Zoom Magnification Range
10x - 50x
20x – 100x
Maximum field of view
Minimum field of view
Precision measuring stage, with factory-set Non-Linear Error Correction (NLEC) calibration as standard.
'Touch-to-measure' means that in addition to conventional mouse control, you can 'pinch' to zoom, 'swipe' to pan across an image and 'touch' to take a measurement.
You can even trace your finger around a complex shape to 'see' the feature.
Icon-based touch-screen control provides users with smartphone familiarity, with a Windows 7-based operating system allows for simple integration with applications such as Microsoft Excel (not included), or connection to network printers etc.
With simplicity at its core, 'touch-to-measure' software can be used by shift workers or advanced users alike, simplifying work steps, reducing operator errors, while minimising training requirements.
Software options for Falcon CNC measuring machine
M3 ‘Touch to Measure’ Software
- Simple yet powerful feature measurement
- Touch screen operation
- No multiple menu software options to distract the operator
- CAD like Part View mark-up for easy inspection of the measured data
- Multiple video tools to match the job in hand, from cross hair to full video edge detection
- Direct Compare option to allow simple CAD import of overlay drawings to check those complex geometric parts for a simple Go/No Go decision
IK5300 Advanced Metrology Software
For the power users who require advanced software features such as
- Custom formulas, conditional programming
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) or RUNS databases (for long-term tracking of component performance)
- Full Profiling feature including ‘auto-tracing (worming)’ operation on CNC systems
- 3D feature measurement like, Cones and Planes etc
Vision Engineering offers multiple layers of software as needed by each application. Speak to your local Hawker Richardson representative about choosing the right software for you.
Compact in size, big on results, the Falcon CNC includes advanced features that increase accuracy and boost productivity, delivering results that were generally only achieved with higher priced machines.
With impressive repeatability and reproducibility, the Falcon CNC will consistently perform, no matter how many operators use the system, making it ideal for both small or large quality control departments wishing to measure a variety of components.
- Plastic parts (connectors, tubing, moulding)
- Medical device implants (stents, hearing aids)
- Machined parts for aerospace, automotive and military use
- General precision engineering
Small Footprint, Big Impact
Companies worldwide choose the Falcon CNC to help improve production quality, reduce costs, and improve productivity.
High resolution optics, a precision measuring stage and industry-leading software make the Falcon the ideal solution for measuring small, intricate parts, quickly and accurately.
With space at a premium, the Falcon CNC doesn't take up much room, yet can make a big difference to your operation.
Touch Probe Option
A touch probe option provides non-contact and contact measurement in a single system, allowing fast and repeatable measurements in the Z-axis.
- Renishaw PH6 module with TP20 touch probe
- Fast and accurate height measurement
- 3µm Z-axis repeatability
Advanced Features as Standard
The Falcon CNC includes as standard both camera and substage iris aperture control, motorised CNC Z-axis movement, controllable quadrant LED illumination and both high and low magnification lens options.
Quality & Design
Falcon incorporates over 50 years of proven optical experience in a powerful 3-axis non-contact video measuring machine.
Precision manufactured in the EU, it has been designed to cope with the demands of a busy production environment.
All controls feature a soft-touch silicone finish, ergonomically positioned to reduce hand and body movement and resulting fatigue.